Snapshot of Dr. Franzini
Dr. Louis Franzini brings a multifaceted background to the interview desk. His background and experience summary includes:
- Licensed clinical psychologist in Florida and California
- Emeritus professor of psychology
- Practice of psychology in VA hospitals internship, university clinics, and private practice
- Training consultant to the U.S. Peace Corps
- Well-published author of over 75 items (including 4 books, chapters, professional journal articles and popular pieces)
- Experienced interviewee on radio and TV and in print
- University teaching at all undergraduate and graduate levels for over 35 years
- Researcher in humor and a variety of other psychological phenomena with children and adults
- Speaker to national and international professional associations, universities, and businesses
- Consultant to textbook publishers and ad hoc scientific journal reviewer
- Co-host of radio series on police and community relations
- Performer of stand-up comedy in a variety of showcase settings
Education and Academic Career
Louis R. Franzini received his B.S. degree in Psychology from the University of Pittsburgh, his M.A. degree in Clinical Psychology at the University of Toledo, and earned his Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the University of Pittsburgh.
He then completed a Postdoctoral Fellowship in Behavior Modification at the State University of New York at Stony Brook (now Stony Brook University).
Following the postdoctoral program Dr. Franzini joined the Psychology Department at San Diego State University, where he spent his entire academic career. He retired as Emeritus Professor of Psychology.
His international academic experience included appointments as Distinguished Professor of Psychology at the Universite Catholique de Louvain, Louvain-le-Neuve, Belgium and Senior Fellow in the School of Accountancy and Business, Human Resource and Quality Management Division at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.